To get the most out of a power bank it must be used in the right way. there are some key tips on how to get the best from your power bank.
Power banks are used by a lot of people and they can be essential for providing extra power whilst on the move for mobile phones and other gadgets.
Power banks are easy to use and their operation is easy to master, but there are some pitfalls that can mean they might not be as effective as they might be and provide all the power you want.
By following a few guidelines when using and keeping the power bank, the top performance can be obtained and its life can be extended so it won’t let you down.
Basic power bank usage
Power banks are generally very easy to use, and typically conform to some simple conventions, especially with respect to the connectors.
Normally power bank connectors have separate functions and the two connectors used for these functions are very different, making it easy to differentiate them.
- Micro USB (sometimes mini-USB): Most commonly a power bank will use a micro-USB for being charged. This enables the standard USB A to micro-USB leads to be used to charge the power bank. Often the same lead used to charge a mobile phone or other device can be used.
- USB Type A connector: The larger type A USB connector is used to enable the power bank to charge other devices. This means that standard charging cables supplied with most phones and other devices can be used. Normal USB chargers have a Type A connector from which the charge is supplied.
When using the power bank, it is normally only necessary to connect a powered USB micro connector to it for it to receive charge.
Depending on the power bank capacity, its charge level, and the charger, the ambient temperature, etc., it can take quite a while to complete its charge.
As an example, a 1500mAh rated power bank should take very roughly about the same time as a typical smartphone to charge. For larger power banks, this time can be considerably increased. it may take two three, four. times as long.
Power banks have electronic battery management and this includes a safety cut-off to prevent overcharging and overheating. However, whenever possible, it is best to remove the power bank from charger when it is full. at least avoid leaving it connected long-term after its full.
However when using the power bank to charge electronic devices, the leads need to be connected, and it is normally necessary to use a button on the power bank to enable the charging. This is required because a sort circuit on the output of the power bank could generate a lot of heat and possibly cause the power bank to catch fire or explode.
This prevents keys in s (if the power bank is carried in a ) and other metallic items causing an accidental short circuit, and the output normally has to be enabled before use.
Often the power bank will have a simple LED indicator showing the level of charge it has when charging is enabled, or when it is being charged. These indicators often turn off after a short while to preserve the power bank charge.
Power bank charge capacity
One of the key aspects, when buying a power bank is to ensure that it has sufficient capacity to provide a charge for the device to be charged.
One of the most common uses for power banks is to charge mobile phones whilst on the move when there are unlikely to be any suitable charge points.
With modern mobile phone internal batteries now being able to store large amounts of charge (some are over 2500mAh), it is necessary that the power bank has in excess of this if it is to give the mobile phone battery a full charge.
As a result the power bank should have a slightly larger capacity than the phone battery if it is to give it a full charge.
If the power bank has a smaller charge capacity than the phone, it will only be able to give it a partial charge. this may be acceptable in some instances if the power bank is only needed to top-up the main phone battery.
Power bank care: usage hints, tips guidelines
In order to get the best from any power bank there are a few guidelines that will help ensure the performance is gained from the power bank for as long as possible.
- Keep at room temperature: The best performance can be obtained from a power bank if it is kept at around room temperature. While this may not be possible all the time, it is wise to use this as a general guideline. The battery technology used in power banks is lithium ion, and these batteries do not like getting excessively cold, or too warm either. One of the key things to remember is that they should not be left in automobiles. In the summer sun the inside of cars can rise to in excess of 50°C, and in winter the cars have no heating when they are not in use, so the temperatures can fall really low in some places. Either scenario is not good for lithium rechargeables.
- Charge before first use: Manufacturers always recommend giving a new power bank a full charge before use. The internal circuits will cut out the excess charge, but it is always wise to get it into a known state before starting to use it.
- Keep the battery charged: This may sound obvious, but the power bank is no use if it is not charged up. It helps to get used to charging it up as soon as possible after it has been used. In this way it will always be ready for use.
- Charge the power bank when not used for period: Lithium ion and lithium polymer rechargeable batteries do not like being left in a fully discharged state for long periods. As batteries will always lose a little charge with time, it is best to periodically recharge the power banks when they have not been used for some while. This means they are ready for use and the battery is kept in tip op condition. The ideal state for a lithium ion battery is neither fully charged or discharged, so if possible keep it in an approximate mid-charge state if it is to be left for a long period.
- Only use power bank in the intended way: This may sound obvious, but a power bank should only ever be used for charging the type of device for which it is intended. Some devices may have different voltages, although if they have a USB connection this would not be the case. Also large devices may draw too much current from a small power bank and the like.
- Keep away from moisture: Power banks are electronic devices, and therefore they do not like water, or even moisture. One key piece of advice when using power banks is to keep them dry at all times. With the amount of power within the power bank, moisture can cause significant damage.
- Don’t keep in or bag with metal objects: In view of the amount of power held within power banks, and the possibility of short circuit, one very important aspect of using power banks is to make sure they are never shorted. Although power banks normally have a button which needs to be pressed to enable the supply on the output, it is always best to be careful and make sure they are never placed in a position where metal objects could short the output. Putting them in a alongside keys is a definite “No No.”
- Don’t drop it: Power banks incorporate circuit boards as well as the battery. Like any other item of electronic equipment they need to be handled with some care. Dropping them can damage the case, the circuit board, or even the lithium rechargeable battery element itself. Take care when handling them.
Power bank rechargeable batteries are very easy to use. With a few sensible precautions they are really accommodating and provide additional charge when you are on the go and don’t have access to mains power.
One of the main points to remember, is to keep them charged. This is sometimes easier said than done, but there is no use having it if it is not recharged as soon as possible after it has been used.
Best Portable Chargers for iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS
A portable charger (aka power bank) can mean the difference between stressing over your iPhone’s battery life. Or being able to use it all day long without worry. The best portable chargers for iPhone 8, X, XR, and XS can all fast charge them from 0-50% in 30 minutes. While also offering enough capacity to keep you going, whether for a busy work day or long trip.
Looking to charge at home, work, or for travel? Check out Best Fast Chargers for iPhone 8/X/XR/XS.
iPhone 8 with Anker PowerCore 10000 PD Redux
Fast Charging iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone XS
The iPhone XS, XR, X, and 8 series use USB Power Delivery (USB PD) as their fast-charging standard. With a USB-C charger offering 18W or more USB PD the phones will start fast charging. Under this mode charging from 0-50% takes around 30 minutes. The remaining 50% takes longer but is still faster using other types of chargers.
The iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone XS all include a slower 5W USB power adapter. A USB-C PD charger will charge them up to 3 times faster.
USB-C to Lightning Cable
Besides a charger that offers 18W (or more) USB-C PD, you will also need a USB-C to Lightning cable.
Find a good selection of USB-C to Lightning cables here. All listed cables are MFi certified by Apple. Meaning they meet Apple’s standards and testing to work with iPhones and iPads. Pick your cable based on length, color, and price.
These portable chargers can fit in your jeans But are more comfortable in a jacket Their more limited capacity means fewer charges for your phone.
Among the smallest fast charging portable chargers on the market.
- Ports: USB-C, USB-A
- Output: 18W USB-C PD, Quick Charge 3.0
- Capacity: 5,000mAh
- iPhone 8: 1.5 charges
- iPhone 8 Plus: 1 charge
- iPhone X: 1 charge
- iPhone XR: 1 charge
- iPhone XS: 1 charge
- iPhone XS Max: 1 charge
How to Shop at Save N Earn Wireless in 5 Easy Steps
With Save ‘N Earn Wireless’ interactive online gadget store, you can now check out, compare and buy new gadgets even from your own home!
- Shop. All the gadgets you want, all in one store! Choose any item from mobile phones, tabs, mobile accessories, your lifestyle gadgets.
- Compare. You can click, compare prices, specs and features to find the gadget for you.
- Choose. When you’ve picked out your gadget, click on it and click Add to Cart
- Checkout. You can choose from our different payment methods and how you’d want to receive your product—branch pick-up at No Extra Charge or have it conveniently delivered to your own home or your office!
- Enjoy. Once you get your new gadget, enjoy! All our phones and tabs are guaranteed one-year Manufacturer’s warranty with Service centers available nationwide!
All cellphone and tablets with 1 year manufacturer’s warranty on parts and services
Pay cash only upon delivery when you receive your order
Chat with our customer care representative online
Cash on Delivery, Credit Card, Bank Deposit, DragonPay, Gcash, Paymaya, Tendopay, Billease, and more.
Save ‘N Earn Wireless is a chain of telco retail stores known as a “one-stop shop for gadgets and telco products” to its Boholano customers. It is a home-grown Boholano brand that started in 1994 and has now expanded to over forty 40 branches and an online store servicing nationwide.
Over twenty-five (25) years later, the company has become a leading distributor of all major telco brands such as Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, MyPhone, Realme, Capdase, Anker, and more, servicing both end consumers and retailers (entrepreneurs purchasing Smart loadwallet and truemoney). In essence, the company’s name speaks largely its reason for being: to service Savers—end users looking for quality gadgets at the best price—and Earners—enterprising individuals looking for additional income thru technology-powered wireless opportunities.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive events info, product and promotional updates.
Don’t worry we won’t spam you 🙂
To avail and use of Credit Card Payment online, you will have to select Pay via Credit/Debit Card PayMaya Wallet as the mode of payment. After the payment is confirmed, savenearn.com.ph shall process the order.
If you choose store pick-up, you will need to present 1 valid ID and the order confirmation in our store to claim your order. If the person who ordered chooses an authorized representative to pick up or receive the item, the person who ordered needs to send us the following prior to pick-up date: (1) Letter of Authorization, (2) Copy of your Valid ID (3) Copy of the valid ID of the authorized person (4) Order Confirmation. The authorized representative then needs to bring their Valid ID and Order Confirmation on the day they will pick up the item from our store.
If you choose delivery, orders within Tagbilaran will be delivered via our local rider (Save ‘N Earn delivery) while orders outside of Tagbilaran covering areas of Visayas, Luzon, and Mindanao will be delivered via our courier partners: JT or LBC. When receiving the item from our courier partner, you will need to present 1 valid ID and the order confirmation. If the person who ordered chooses an authorized representative to receive the item, the person who ordered needs to send us the following prior to us shipping the item: (1) Letter of Authorization, (2) Copy of your Valid ID (3) Copy of the valid ID of the authorized person (4) Order Confirmation. The authorized representative then needs to bring their Valid ID and Order Confirmation on the day they will receive the item from courier.
By selecting credit card as a mode of payment, you agree, understand, and confirm that all the details you provided are correct and accurate and you shall not use a credit card that is not lawfully owned by you. You also represent that you have the valid rights and title in any and all Contents/Credit Card details that you submit to our site, that you have not infringed in any right over the same belonging to any party, and further that you will indemnify savenearn.com.ph or its affiliates for all claims arising out of any content/credit card details that you submit on the site. Savenearn.com.ph will also not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability to use a card fraudulently will be on the user.
You also acknowledge and agree that savenearn.com.ph may preserve Content and the said information will not be utilized and shared or disclosed by savenearn.com.ph with any third party unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:a) comply with legal process, law, regulation, or court order;b) enforce the Terms and Conditions of this agreement;c) respond to claims that any Content/ credit card details violate the rights of third-parties
savenearn.com.ph may at any time modify the terms and conditions (Terms) of the Service without any prior notification. Your use of our website after any amendment to the Terms and Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and you also agree to be bound any such changes/revision.
General Information. All products in our website are available for delivery within Philippines only. We also accept orders from international customers whose shipping addresses are in the Philippines. Any shipment outside of Philippines are not available as of this time.
All orders within Tagbilaran will be delivered via Local Delivery or SNE delivery. Local delivery means a Save N Earn staff or rider will deliver straight to your address.
All orders outside of Tagbilaran, and other areas of Visayas, Luzon and Mindanao, will be delivered via JT or LBC Delivery. Once processed, savenearn.com.ph will provide the customer with the tracking #.
Delivery TimeLocal delivery will be delivered within the day of order.
Delivery via JT and LBC, if within Visayas, has an estimated delivery time of 5-7 days. If within Luzon or Mindanao, there is an estimated delivery time of 7-10 days. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and are subject to change. Furthermore, customer agrees not to hold savenearn.com.ph responsible for naturals disasters, terrorism, pandemics etc. which may affect the timing of the delivery of the order.
Shipping CostsShipping costs are based on the amount, weight of your order and the delivery method. To find out how much your order will cost, simply add the items you would like to purchase to your cart, and proceed to checkout page. At the checkout screen, shipping charges will be displayed.
Damaged or Defective Items in TransportIf there is any damage or defect to your ordered item upon receipt, please contact us immediately at 0929-585-5555. Please do not receive item from courier if you notice any tampering to the packaging.
QuestionsIf you have any questions about the delivery and shipment or your order, please contact us at 0929-585-5555.
Please also review the Delivery Policy of our partner couriers JT and LBC, you may refer to their official website.
All orders for pick-up are reserved for 3 days. After 3 days, savenearn.com.ph will automatically cancel the order unless otherwise customer will contact or message us to extend reservation which we will be subject to our approval.
All orders for delivery are processed after our call verification to customer. Once we have verified the order with customer and after his confirmation to proceed, we process the order for shipping. No cancellations or change of mind are allowed after an order has been shipped.
savenearn.com.ph mobile phones are covered by 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty. All mobile phones are checked prior to shipping. If the customer finds a defect with the item, the item will be accepted by any of the brand’s service center where it will be assessed by an accredited technician. The Brand Service Center will decide if the item is for replacement or for repair depending on their initial assessment. All items received with damage or defect please refer to the Brand Warranty Policy.
We only accept returns if savenearn.com.ph has sent the wrong item. Returns due to change of mind are not valid. Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please include in returning, the official receipt, acknowledgement receipt and delivery form. Shipping charges for all returns must be prepaid and insured by you. You are responsible for any loss or damage of the unit during shipment. Once we receive your returned item, we will inspect it and notify you of the status of your replacement or refund based on our checking of the returned item.
Gift cards are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.